Executive Assistant to the CEO
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
We are looking for a full-time, experienced, highly organized, and ambitious Executive Assistant to support the CEO and Co-Founder of UpGuard. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the CEO's effectiveness and productivity, as well as contribute to the overall success of our company.
You will also be privy to sensitive or confidential information and decisions and need to earn trust and build a strong relationship with the founder and key stakeholders within and outside the organisation.
What will you accomplish?
- Communicate with senior-level executives both within UpGuard and externally including coordinating meetings, distributing agendas, materials, and presentations, taking notes, and following up actions.
- Manage professional scheduling for the CEO including meeting agendas, video calls, travel arrangements, customer visits, candidate interviews, and other company logistics.
- Build and coordinate the CEO’s travel calendar, including booking all travel and ongoing management! It’s a busy schedule and includes extensive International travel.
- Manage and report on expenses for the Office of the CEO.
- We are a remote team, but we invest in our face-to-face meet-ups. From time to time we will need your support with event operations.
- Ensure leadership team effectiveness. Although the primary responsibility is supporting the CEO, from time to time you will provide administrative support to the leadership team including but not limited to organising travel and accommodation and support with onsite/offsite events.
What do we need from you?
- 4+ years in Executive Assistant roles
- Exceptional attention to detail is your hallmark. You love the details and deliver quality results on time, whether that’s copy-editing the monthly founder update or working on the fine details on the slides for all hands.
- The ability to push back. You are comfortable making the call and respectfully pushing back when appropriate.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. We’re in an incredibly quick-moving environment, and we’ll look to you to roll up your sleeves and learn about new things from time to time to assist in keeping the business moving forward.
- Communicate clearly and concisely. We are an asynchronous organization with a global team, and clear communication with context is crucial.
- Great pragmatism and prioritisation. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
- You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Build lasting, highly effective relationships. You are a people person, who can build strong working relationships and wants to gain a deep understanding of the people you support and how best to do so.
- You can work independently with little direction and proactively solve problems in ambiguous situations.
- You are a team player with a strong desire to collaborate, who has an aptitude for giving and receiving feedback.
What would give you an edge?
- You have experience working with Founders, CEOs, and senior executives
- Experience in a growth-stage tech company
- Experience booking international travel
- You're based in Sydney or Hobart
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney & Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.