Senior Product Designer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
The Product team works across many types of initiatives at UpGuard. From platform improvements to our quarterly event, UpGuard Summit. Since UpGuard’s main audience is other people who keep their companies secure, we agonize over and take pride in creating experiences that are user-friendly, educational, and more importantly, actionable.
Why are we hiring this role?
As a product designer at UpGuard, you will craft experiences for our evolving cybersecurity SaaS platform. Working closely with the product team and other designers, you will flesh out high-level concepts and turn them into prototypes. You will be continuously involved as the development team builds these prototypes, obsessing over the details to create a world-class product. There will be plenty of scope to interact with our highly engaged user community from some of the biggest and best companies in the world.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the product team to craft end-to-end user experiences for the platform
- Wireframe and prototype concepts based on product requirements
- Create design components and standards for reuse
- Optimize user flows throughout the platform
- User experience research and testing
- Incorporate customer insights and quantitative data into designs
- Engage with the engineering team through the build and test of features
What do we need from you?
- Outstanding UX skills: Your digital portfolio showcases strength in creating simple, intuitive, and accessible user experiences end-to-end. You have 4+ years of product design experience.
- Strong UI skills: Function meets form. Your work is beautiful, scaleable, and detail-focused.
- Collaboration: We are a tight-knit team that pushes each other to improve. You know when to stand your ground and when to take (constructive) feedback onboard.
- Communication: You are confident sharing work through its many stages, like presenting lofi ideas at our weekly design syncs or documenting complete designs for handover.
- Growth mindset: You are hungry about your craft, constantly on the lookout for inspiration, and able to apply industry best practices to your work.
- Fast on the tools: You deliver great work quickly in an agile environment using modern design tools like Figma and Miro.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If not, the willingness to learn.
- Experience designing for SaaS software or technical software products.
- Experience working in agile software development teams.
- Experience with design systems, user research, content design, and/or multilingual audiences.
What's in it for you:
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney and Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous compensation: We offer a competitive salary and equity.
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates. We prefer to support your overall well-being with perks like a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.