Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer (Remote AU/NZ)
Join our Product & Engineering team as a Machine Learning Engineer during an exciting period of growth and design innovative machine learning systems and self-running AI software.
At Visory, we're all about empowering businesses to unlock their full potential. We supercharge their financial back-office by connecting them to a marketplace of certified Experts backed by our platform of best practice workflows. The result; clean books, oversight of key financial indicators and freedom from their back-office.
Since our launch in early 2020, we've been revolutionising how businesses handle their financial management with our team of ambitious and talented individuals across finance, customer success, product, and engineering. We are a diverse and geographically distributed team that is customer and technology obsessed.
We value a people first mindset; a mindset not bound by limits that allows us to search for opportunities where others don’t.
We are seeking a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our Product & Engineering team to support us in an exciting phase of our growth. This critical role will help to spearhead the development and implementation of novel ML solutions, unlocking the true potential of our data and transforming our processes.
As a Machine Learning Engineer on our team, you’ll work within an industry-leading agile environment to design innovative machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models. You’ll lead the processes from data collection and training models to productionising the models through APIs and integrating them with web applications.
Leveraging your robust understanding of natural language processing and your ability to solve complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks, your ideas will help us collaboratively build a future-proof product.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Connect with the wider engineering team during the daily stand up
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional agile environment with our engineering and product teams
- Design, develop, and implement state-of-the-art machine learning models and algorithms to help us achieve business objectives, and design metrics to track their progress
- Lead on challenging projects involving Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Become a champion of AI literacy within Visory, translating the latest advancements in machine learning to a wide range of stakeholders within the business and our product
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience as a machine learning engineer / developer with knowledge of NLPs and LLMs
- Knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modelling, and software architecture
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining machine learning models in a production environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a remote team
What you might love about working at Visory:
- A flexible working environment, whether it’s picking up the kids from school or taking some time to enjoy the mid-day sunshine. We also have part-time options available.
- High autonomy where you determine how you help us achieve our goals
- Remote first: We are a remote first team so the role can be based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. We connect in person frequently to our co-located colleagues, whether this is for coffee or in one of our many workspaces across Australia and New Zealand. Of course, if you prefer an office environment you can utilise these work spaces as frequently as you like.
- People First – Empathy and humility over all else
- No limits mindset - Fear of failure? It’s low around here. When we fail, we fail fast
- Honesty - Constructive confrontation and continuous feedback is key
- Results driven - We are output focused and don’t respect superficiality
- Resilience - We value grit: perseverance is our “middle name”
- Integrity - We always do what’s right, not what’s convenient
What to consider before applying:
- We’re a start-up that is growing very quickly
- We are new at this and looking to experiment, likely making a few inevitable mistakes along the way (which is ok!)
- At times, we are building the bike while riding it
- We won’t handhold you - We have a highly autonomous environment. However, this doesn’t mean we don’t work as a team
- We offer unvarnished honesty and love continuous feedback
Our Hiring Process:
- Our first introduction: 15 – 20 minute phone call
- Getting to know you: 30 – 60 minute MS Teams call
- Technical Code Test: 1-2 hours
- Understanding your technical skills: 1 hour MS Teams call
- Product and Technology
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Employment type