Mid-Level Software Engineer
Mid-Level Software Engineer (AU/NZ-Based Remote)
Join us and become a key player in the way we build our product!
At Visory, we're all about empowering businesses to unlock their full potential.
Launched in early 2020, we are a fast growing start up, and we have built Australia and New Zealand's first digital bookkeeping solution that supports small to medium sized businesses.
We supercharge their financial back-office by connecting them to a marketplace of certified Bookkeeping and Payroll Experts, backed by our powerful digital platform of best practice workflows.
The result; clean books, oversight of key financial indicators and freedom from their back-office so they can get back to big picture growth.
We’re scaling our Platform team and looking for a Software Engineer to join us.
As a Software Engineer with Visory, you’ll work in an agile environment where your creativity will be encouraged and you’ll be given the opportunity to deliver cutting-edge architecture and initiatives that are robust and which our customers love.
Day to day you’ll collaborate with colleagues in our Platform team to work out how we can best build new features and play a critical role in the development of the Visory platform. Our roadmap is ever evolving, so you’ll also get to play an active role in helping us shape the future of the Visory platform.
At Visory we operate on an AWS serverless architecture that runs on Node, using Typescript and Angular.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Connect with the wider engineering team during the daily stand up
- Pair programme with your colleagues to work through problems
- Collaborate with your colleagues in our Platform team to deliver frequent releases
- Attend sprint reviews, sprint planning, refinement or retrospective meetings
- Analyse and make informed recommendations to solve problems
- Proactively drive your development work, including technical debugging
- Contribute to strategic discussion, sharing your feedback and proactively communicating
- Manage and work through tickets with a range of complexities
- Review Pull Requests and give actionable recommendations to help colleagues maintain high-quality code
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience building web apps
- Is experienced in using Typescript, NodeJS and Angular
- Has had exposure to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud & Web frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Has previous experience as a commercial software engineer working within 'product' oriented teams
- Ideally has knowledge of 'Serverless' technologies such as AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS SAM, and Serverless Frameworks
- Ideally has experience working within a professional services, financial services or marketplace business (although this isn’t essential)
What you might love about working at Visory:
- You’ll be a key player in how we continue build our product
- A flexible working environment, whether it’s picking up the kids from school or taking some time to enjoy the mid-day sunshine. We also have part-time options available
- High autonomy where you determine how you help us achieve our goals
- Remote first: We are a remote first team so the role can be based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. We connect in person frequently to our co-located colleagues, whether this is for coffee or in one of our many workspaces across Australia and New Zealand. Of course, if you prefer an office environment you can utilise these workspaces as frequently as you like.
- People First – Empathy and humility over all else
- No limits mindset - Fear of failure? It’s low around here. When we fail, we fail fast
- Honesty - Constructive confrontation and continuous feedback is key
- Results driven - We are output focused and don’t respect superficiality
- Resilience - We value grit: perseverance is our “middle name”
- Integrity - We always do what’s right, not what’s convenient
What to consider before applying:
- We’re a small start-up that is growing very quickly
- We are new at this and it’s likely we will make mistakes along the way
- At times, we are building the bike while riding it
- We won’t handhold you - We have a highly autonomous environment. However, this doesn’t mean we don’t work as a team
- We offer unvarnished honesty and love continuous feedback
Our Hiring Process:
- Our first introduction: 15 - 20 minute phone call
- Technical Code Test: 1-2 hours
- Understanding your technical skills: 1 hour MS Teams call
- Culture and values interview: 1 hour MS Teams call
Sometimes our emails might go to your junk mail – please check there if you haven’t heard from us.
- Product and Technology
- Remote status
- Fully Remote