Freelance Senior Bookkeeper
Freelance Senior Bookkeeper (NSW Remote)
Join our community of freelance bookkeepers who are looking to help ambitious SME businesses manage their back-office finances!
At Visory, we're all about empowering businesses to unlock their full potential.
Launched in early 2020, we are a fast growing start up, and we have built Australia and New Zealand's first digital bookkeeping solution that supports small to medium sized businesses.
We supercharge their financial back-office by connecting them to a marketplace of certified Bookkeeping and Payroll Experts, backed by our powerful digital platform of best practice workflows. The result; clean books, oversight of key financial indicators and freedom from their back-office so they can get back to big picture growth.
We’re continuing to grow our community of Visory Certified Experts, so if you're a freelance bookkeeper or finance professional looking to make a difference by helping ambitious SMEs manage their back-office finances, we want you on board!
Want to join us?
Step 1: Apply & Showcase Your Skills
- Start by introducing yourself through our online application form and demonstrate your expertise during our virtual assessment process. Once we verify your details, we'll ask you to complete some compliance checks and send over your contract.
Step 2: Get Certified
- Once you're ready, we'll invite you to finalise your certification, which includes comprehensive training courses. This certification will enhance your skills and equip you to deliver top-notch services to our clients.
Step 3: Receive Work Offers
- Your journey as a Visory Certified Expert begins here! We'll match you with customers and jobs that align with your abilities, preferences and industry specialisations. Expect rewarding opportunities to grow your income while making a meaningful impact.
Step 4: Choose Your Workload
- Enjoy the flexibility of remote work and select how much you want to take on. Whether it's a small job per week or working with multiple customers, you have the freedom to tailor your work commitments to suit your preferences.
What you’ll do as a Visory Certified Expert:
You’ll work on a portfolio of clients and be responsible for managing key bookkeeping processes involved in the delivery of our services, these include:
- Daily coding & bank reconciliations (anywhere between 15 minutes to a couple of hours per day)
- Preparation and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Month-end close
- Management reporting
- BAS/IAS preparation
- Requests for client information and responding to client queries
What you might love about being a Visory Certified Expert:
- Flexibility – we’ll pair you with bookkeeping engagements that fit your skills and schedule – with Visory you have the freedom and support to control your own schedule
- Consistency – we focus on long-term fit when pairing you with engagements, giving you consistent work month on month
- Remote-first – we are a remote first team with the tools to help you thrive, so you can be based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
We can’t wait to hear from you if you:
- Are located in Australia or New Zealand
- Have a track record of independently managing books, preferably through your own client base or via contracting/freelancing
- Are a registered BAS agent
- Have a passion for bookkeeping and helping businesses grow
- Are deeply knowledgeable in all things bookkeeping and back office finance, from daily reconciliation to preparing complex reports
- Are a whizz with cloud accounting software and adjacent back-office technology
- Find working remotely and using online messaging and video conferencing second nature
- Are looking for some extra work to utilise your extensive experience and fill up your spare time
- Customer - Bookkeeping & Payroll
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Hourly salary
- AUD35 - AUD55
- Employment type