IT Cloud Networks Engineer
Waddle, From Xero
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
As part of the Xero Internal IT team you will ensure all cloud and internal network infrastructure is operational and highly available. You will be a networking expert within Internal IT; providing expertise, guidance and incident response to other Systems and Security team members and the wider Internal IT team with regards to firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi, VPN, routing and network security. You will work very closely with our Architecture team, Workplace Experience team and 3rd network vendors to deliver new projects and ensure we continue to grow at scale.
What you'll do
- Administer and monitor our cloud and internal network systems such as cloud network infrastructure, firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi, VPN, and network routes.
- Plan, adapt and secure our cloud and internal network systems to meet the ever-changing business and security requirements. Assist with onboarding of new cloud and internal network systems and initiatives from our Architecture team.
- Play a pivotal role in delivering cloud and internal network infrastructure for our new and existing offices globally.
- Patch critical network vulnerabilities and security threats as they arise.
- Assist with systems administration and maintenance as and when required.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for consistent network management, methodologies, and standards. Manage major network incidents with our wider team for quick resolutions. Give input and direction into project work when required.
- Manage relationships with network vendors and 3rd parties.
Success looks like
- Cloud and internal networks are stable, available and reliable for our staff. Network incidents are dealt with in a swift manner and measures are put into place before any serious issues arise. You will be a go-to person for network questions and issues within the Internal IT team and act as a gatekeeper for our production environment. Your guidance and input will ensure our cloud and internal networks are clearly documented, supportable and scalable as Xero continues to grow.
What you'll bring with you
- Critical Competencies:
- Well rounded knowledge ofLAN/WAN/VPN/Wi-Fi/Firewall technologies, Load Balancing, Security, and Network Management
- Understanding of scripting language such as Powershell or Bash for automation of repetitive tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- A logical problem solver at all different levels
- Willing to be very hands on as well as strategic
- A Computer Science degree, or 1-2 years experience in a cloud networks focused role and and working towards relevant industry certifications
- Operational experience in a cloud/ internal networks team in a corporate environment
- Experience with administering and configuring Firewalls, Switches, Wi-Fi Access Points and VPN services
- Experience with Cloud Networking Infrastructure, Zero Trust Networks and cloud delivered networking solutions will be a considerable advantage
- Experience with monitoring network infrastructure for high availability, capacity and reliability
- Experience with delivering projects and effective time management
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Waddle, From Xero
Something looks off?