Workplace Experience Coordinator
Waddle, From Xero
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
You will be part of the Workplace Experience team who strive to create great experiences that enable and inspire the amazing people at Xero to deliver a beautiful experience for our customers.
About the role
As a Workplace Experience Coordinator, you’ll be making sure the office is presented and operating in the beautiful and functional way that Xero has become known for. You will deliver consistently high levels of customer service in your interactions with Xeros and visitors while delivering the services required by the business to work effectively. Whilst this role will have an office that is your primary focus, you will support and assist Xeros across the region you are located in.
Your mission will be to “....provide an exceptional workplace experience within beautiful work environments that inspire and enable staff to create beautiful outcomes.”
You will also assist the Director Workplace Experience and the Workplace Experience leadership team to deliver this mission by providing information, process, structure, project and admin support to aid in the efficient delivery of the services we provide.
The scope of projects will be varied, including events, process improvements relating to managing the Workplace Experience teams’ workflows, ways of working research and solutions, using data sources to support decision making on intentional experiences, stakeholder engagement, communication. You will also have a key role to play in supporting cultural initiatives that help keep Xero a great place to work.
What you'll do:
- Will serve as the face/ambassador for Workplace Experience actively promoting the WX brand by delivering exceptional experiences in the office.
- Create high levels of engaging communications that reach all Xeros
- Lead your region in providing an exceptional experience for employees.
- Coordinate and organise events, activities and programs that enhance the employee experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of workplace experience initiatives with company values.
- Identify, evaluate and support the Workplace Experience Manager to select external vendors and service providers that align with Xero’s workplace experience objectives.
- Oversee outsourced services with an experience focus, such as catering and events and ensure service levels are met.
- Utilise data analytic tools to measure and analyse space usage and how we can enhance experience with the space we provide
- Identify trends, patterns and opportunities for improvement based on data insights.
- Propose and implement data-driven strategies to optimise workplace experience, productivity and wellbeing.
- Ensure efficient and intentional spaces are created to enhance the experience of employees at Xero.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders including employees, managers and executive leadership.
- Proactively seek feedback, understand needs and continuously improve workplace experience offerings.
- Implement and maintain processes as appropriate that ensures that all spaces, such as meeting rooms, kitchen, stationary areas, storerooms and reception areas, are well presented, stocked and maintained.
- Provide onsite and remote support and assistance to Xero’s in the region. This would include, but would not be limited to, assisting with on site events, carrying out ad hoc project work, assist Xeros with travel arrangements and using our internal tools to help Xeros achieve their best work.
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience in a similar role including the running of workplace or event services within an office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively to enhance workplace experiences.
- Proactive, self starter with the ability to work effectively unsupervised.
- Ability to influence, build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to extract and analyse data, identify trends and build process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop and implement appropriate change.
- Proven ability in the building and maintaining of strong and beneficial working relationships with internal customers, colleagues and service providers.
- Workflow and project coordination to ensure high standards are maintained.
- Contract management to ensure service level agreements are maintained
Lots of great perks, some of which include:
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. You will also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Subsidised medical, life, income and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Employee Share Plan - own a piece of Xero!
- Save those hard earned dollars by paying for selected items before tax through LeasePlan
- Check out all the employee benefits, discounts, and perks in one place with our Xero Crew app
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Waddle, From Xero
Something looks off?