Waddle, From Xero
Sales & Business Development
Perth WA, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Why become a Xero?
Great question! Being a Xero is so much more than just a job. We’re a group of diverse, passionate and dedicated #humans who are committed to improving the lives of our customers. We love what we do and we’re proud to admit it! We also know that the best teams deserve the best, and creating a #beautiful product and experience for our customers wouldn’t be possible without delivering the same #beautiful experience for our team.
Here’s what we’re offering you:
𑇐 Employee share plan (become a shareholder in Xero!)
𑇐 Salary packaging options
𑇐 10 days wellbeing leave per year - we acknowledge there’s more to your wellbeing than being unwell, this leave covers mental health, medical appointments, care for dependents etc
𑇐 Private Health Insurance, fully subsidised by Xero!
𑇐 Income Protection
𑇐 Life Insurance
𑇐 3 days gifted days leave over end of year period to enjoy that holiday spirit
𑇐 Xtra Xero Leave - 5 days gifted to take from the day you join.
𑇐 Access to free, confidential support for you and your family through our EAP program
𑇐 Spend one day per year making a difference in the community with our volunteer leave
𑇐 Opportunity to work with senior leaders across the business through multiple #beautiful mentoring and development programs
𑇐 Global company with offices across 8 countries and 20 cities worldwide!
𑇐 Regular team events and socials - from weekly shared lunches to EOW Friday socials (think cheese boards, board games and BBQ!)
𑇐 Awesome offices equipped with the latest technology, as well as barista made coffee, ping pong and Nintendo Switch for those moments needed to switch off
🤝 #Work-life Balance
𑇐 Flexible working options; whether you work best from one of our decked out Xero offices or home- the choice is up to you!
𑇐 Generous parental leave allowance with 26 weeks paid, and return to work flexibility and support
𑇐 6 weeks of partner’s leave, full pay, to support with baby care
About the role
This phone-based Account Management role is responsible for growing, developing and managing Xero’s relationships with existing Xero Accounting & Bookkeeping Partners.
This includes moving them through Xero status’ by signing clients onto Xero, developing business plans with partners to develop their online strategy and managing within dedicated regions to recruit, educate and grow the Xero Partner channel.
What you'll do
- Effective territory management through categorisation and prioritisation of all new and existing Accounting and Bookkeeping Partners
- Identify sales opportunities to build a sales pipeline
- Prioritise and manage your day to optimise calling time to meet monthly sales and call target
- Identify opportunities to develop business plans to produce larger or longer term deals and work with the Partner to implement them and manage on an ongoing basis
- Run and present at Xero sales events
- Increase penetration within the existing Partner base
- Ensure knowledge of Xero features and functionality is kept up to date via Xero training and update webinars
- Ensure activity targets are met
- Increase and maintain the percentage of certified partners ensuring attendance ofre-certification where required
- Drive attendance to events as required
- Keep all information, relating to inbound and outbound calls, up-to-date at all times in Salesforce
What You'll Bring
- An interest and intrigue in the emerging online accounting market
- Proven sales performance or experience in public practice accounting firms
- Ability to create a quick and strong rapport with partners over the phone
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Process driven and takes ownership
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Experience in inbound phone and email sales
- Experience with computers and applications software, including Google, PowerPoint and CRM database skills required
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Waddle, From Xero
Something looks off?