Business and Systems Analyst
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero is on the hunt for an outstanding, passionate and tech-savvy Business and Systems Analyst! This exciting role will see you joining a global brand and our Digital Product team.
How you'll make an impact
This is a newly created role and was designed to find an amazing new Xero to work closely in a cross- functional team to deliver strategic and tactical initiatives that support the development and refinement of business processes and services. You will lead and provide direction to the Digital Product team on the operation systems, both current and future state through the daily management and running of these systems. You will be responsible for
- AEM Configuration: Translate business requirements into AEM functional specifications, maintain relationships with the business, and drive standard business processes
- Documentation: Conduct thorough business process analysis to understand existing workflows and systems, document current processes and systems, use the Specification to create requirements for new processes, develop use cases, and manage requirement changes
- Operations: Manage support channels and triage / first point of contact.
- Training: Work with Product Manager to develop training modules for future releases. Assess and refine existing training resources
- Releases: Assess business requirements, translate and implement system release changes
What you'll bring with you
- 5+ years of experience gathering and documenting requirements, and creating and maintaining functional specifications
- Strong communication, engagement and multiple stakeholder management
- Proficient understanding of all AEM OOTB components and features like DAM, workflows, personalization, sites, how to overlay components for customizations, integrations with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and eCommerce solutions
- Hands on experience with agile processes and principles
- Some exposure working with content and Authors
- Applies product vision and strategy in their own decision making
- Experience and or understanding of a Digital Product function/processes is desirable
- Understanding of GDPR and how data is shared amongst platforms utilized by Xero and consideration to this for all future data flow builds
- Ability to assess and balance technical vs operational needs on each task/project
- Experience working with internal delivery teams or external systems vendor preferred
- Exposure to Mobile and other Web experience tools is a plus
- Problem solver - the ability to identify, define and solve problems to achieve desired outcomes. Not being afraid to think outside the box
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.