Sales & Business Development
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
This Account Management role is responsible for growing, developing and managing Xero’srelationships with existing Xero Accounting & Bookkeeping Partners. This includes moving themthrough Xero status’ by signing clients onto Xero, developing business plans with partners to develop their online strategy and managing within dedicated regions to recruit, educate and grow the XeroPartner channel.
What you’ll do
- Effective territory management through categorisation and prioritisation of all new andexisting Accounting and Bookkeeping Partners.
- Identify sales opportunities to build a sales pipeline.
- Prioritise and manage your day to optimise calling time to meet monthly sales and call target
- Identify opportunities to develop business plans to produce larger or longer term deals and work with the Partner to implement them and manage on an ongoing basis.
- Run and present at Xero sales events.
- Increase penetration within the existing Partner base
- Ensure knowledge of Xero features and functionality is kept up to date via Xero training and update webinars.
- Ensure activity targets are met. ,
- Increase and maintain the percentage of certified partners ensuring attendance ofre-certification where required.
- Drive attendance to events as required.
- Keep all information, relating to inbound and outbound calls, up-to-date at all times inSalesforce.
Success looks like
- Meeting the monthly target of new revenue and upgrade revenue.
- Meeting monthly activity KPI’s.
What you’ll bring with you
- Experience in inbound phone and email sales.
- Experience with computers and common office based applications including word processing, presentation and spreadsheet tools. CRM database skills are also required.
- Accounting Product knowledge and workings of an Accounting Practice essential.
- Experience with managing long term client relationships
- Knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice systems essential.
- An interest and intrigue in the emerging online accounting market.
- Proven sales performance.
- Ability to create a quick and strong Rapport with partners over the phone.
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Process-driven and takes ownership
- Loads of initiative and self-motivation
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.