Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Since our founding in 2017, Willow has grown from a start-up in Australia to serving customers around the globe. Our product offering digitizes the build world for a better world. We make our customers buildings work smarter for them and the environment.
You will be joining a team of performance-driven Willowers, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen.
We are actively seeking an experienced, creative, and pragmatic Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our team. This role will involve developing, implementing, and deploying a data-driven full-stack product that leverages Willow’s existing software infrastructure to deliver immediate value to some of the biggest projects in the built world.
Your responsibilities will include system architecture design, hands-on coding at all stack levels, performance testing, systems integration, deployment, and ongoing monitoring.
*REMOTE WITHIN AUSTRALIA*
You will be joining the global New Build team and helping customers master certainty and remove blindspots across the world's largest capital projects. The New Build Development Team is a small group of specialists with varying experience in architecture, engineering, construction, and data science, whose primary role is to build out the automated data pipelines that allow Willow’s customers to digitize their built assets, with a particular focus on data generated during the design and construction phases of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work efficiently and effectively across the full stack, building highly scalable, distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Rapidly prototype and configure MVPs and POC software/technology integrations
- Simultaneously deploy, monitor, and develop a product deployed on multiple large-scale projects internationally
- Be largely self-supporting in researching, developing, and deploying the product
- Integrate with both internal and external software and technology stakeholders
- Develop workflows, tools, and methods to enable, accelerate, and automate data processing pipelines within a broader team and company context
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, on the order of 1–3-month efforts
- Strive to reduce complexity and simplify software systems for smoother future productivity and maintenance
- Contribute to the development of team-wide best practices with regard to code review, architecture patterns, documentation
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Full-Stack Engineer or equivalent experience
- Proficient in back-end languages including Python (Django or Flask), SQL, NodeJS, and GraphQL
- Experience with API interaction, design, and testing
- Experience with cloud deployment infrastructure, with emphasis on Azure Services
- Working knowledge in container-based deployments such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Understanding and appreciation of CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Nice to have:
- AEC software exposure and experience: ACC/BIM360, Autodesk Forge, Revit, and Dynamo
- External integrations: Sigma, Snowflake, PowerBI, Databricks
- Microsoft: PowerApps, PowerShell
- Familiarity with Machine Learning technology and deployment: Pytorch, Tensorflow, Azure ML
By joining our team of Willowers, we offer true flexible working arrangements, remote and/or hybrid as well as parental leave available for those budding families.
But it is not all about us – it’s about you and the world around us. Willowers can dedicate up to 3 days a year to causes they love or level up through our Willow Academy. Psst…we’ve got your back with cool discounts on shopping and services too.
We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
At Willow, we’re not just looking for the right git for the job – we’re excited to embrace a rainbow of talents and perspectives, fostering a vibrant workplace where all individuals are celebrated and discrimination is left at the door.
To find out more, visit the website:willowinc.com