Senior Risk Analyst
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join our Risk and Compliance team.
You will report directly to the Fraud Lead. You will have exposure across all facets of Risk. No two days will be the same!
If you love to grow, you will have the freedom and resources to do incredible things at Zeller.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform review of high-risk sellers and/or transactions.
- Analyse processing history, business model, financial/bank statements and other information to make informed decisions on a daily basis.
- Undertake investigations into potential lending fraud
- Assist Investigations Managers with complex investigations including gathering evidence, document review, transaction analysis, identifying procedural breaches, report preparation.
- Monitor fraud and blacklist alerts, investigate possible matches and minimise losses by taking appropriate action when ‘hits’ are identified.
- Monitor rules performance (fine tuning rules) to ensure quality alerts are generated and eliminate false positives.
- Identify potential AML/CTF reporting requirements, ensure appropriate referrals are made to the AML team and assist with AML/CTF investigations, where required.
- Assist in developing a financial crimes awareness culture throughout the Bank by providing advice and guidance to others as well as identifying gaps in staff knowledge and procedural deficiencies.
- You are humble and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- You are a fast learner and love sharing your knowledge with others
- You love challenging the status-quo
- You thrive on solving problems of significant importance
- You work autonomously yet collaboratively
- You can prioritise and remain focused under pressure.
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You have the ability to read and interpret information and apply to the relevant controls
- You have well-developed communication skills including email correspondence
- You are self sufficient, adaptable to change, and resilient
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in Risk or Compliance
- A Bachelor degree, or a track record of experience that proves it wasn’t required
- Knowledgeable of Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Finance (AML/CTF) is desirable
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced team-based environment
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.